Monday, March 26, 2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad.  All kinds of chicken salad.  I found this different twist on chicken salad on pinterest the other day and decided to give it a try.  We really enjoyed it.  Well, my husband and I enjoyed it, the kids kind of picked at it.  It's green, so it's a bit suspicious to them.  The blog http://becomingbetty.blogspot.com/2011/09/avocado-chicken-salad.html doesn't give exact measurements so I have attempted to make it a bit more exact.  Although you'll want to keep taste testing it to make sure you like it.  You can serve it on a crossiant, a tortilla, in pita bread, or just with tortilla chips.  It would also be good as an appetizer.  Enjoy!

Avocado Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes (if your chicken is already cooked)
Yield: About 4 servings

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded and chilled
2 avocados, or more (I think I ended up using 2 & 1/2)
4-5 green onions, chopped fine
Cilantro, chopped, to taste (I used a lot, about 3/4 c.)
1 T. of lime juice, add a little at a time until you like the flavor
2 pinches of salt
Pepper to taste
If you would like it a little creamier you can add a couple of scoops of mayonnaise. 
Directions: Add it all together and keep tweaking it until you love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment