Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Brazilian Lemonade


I am not sure why this is called lemonade as there is not a drop of lemon in it.  Also what makes it Brazilian confounds me.  However, I don't really care.  It is refreshing and cold and delicious.  It really quenches the thirst and I am not sure I can ever be completely satisfied with plain old lemonade again.  It really is so much better chilled.  I hope you love it as much as I do.


Brazilian Lemonade (Makes 2 quarts)
4 smooth, thin-skinned limes
1 c. sugar
6 c. cold water
6 T. sweetened condensed milk
Directions: Cut limes into chunks. Measure 6 cups of cold water and add 1 cup of sugar. Mix well until sugar is completely dissolved. Add ½ of the sugar water (3 cups) to the blender with ½ of the limes. Put the lid on the blender and pulse the mixture 5-6 times. Then pour lime sugar water mixture through a fine mesh strainer into the pitcher you will be serving from. Use a big spoon to press the lime mixture through the strainer and into your container. Repeat with second batch of limes and sugar water. Add sweetened condensed milk to limeade and stir. Serve immediately with lots of ice.

Originally found on http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/ through Pinterest of course.

2 comments:

Don and Kelsi Fryberger said...

Um...this sounds delicious I've never seen lemonade with sweetened condensed milk...yummy!!!!

Karyli said...

Yeah! I love this drink. Thanks for sharing it with us. I know what you mean about not be able to go back to regular lemonade.

Post a Comment