Monday, August 13, 2012

Raspberry Rhubarb Pie


Day 5 - Mission Rhubarb - Raspberry Rhubarb Pie - Everyone has heard of Strawberry Rhubarb pie, but I found this recipe that combines raspberries and rhubarb.  It's a little different because everyone is expecting strawberries.  It is delicious and refreshing.  Not to mention I always have a ton more raspberries than straweberries.  With a scoop of vanilla ice cream this is fantastic.  I didn't put in a crust recipe, just use your favorite.  I've made this with a single crust, with a lattice top, and a double crust.  I prefer the double crust.  If you do a double crust make sure to cut little vents in it.  And as always put a pan on the rack below your pie in the oven.  You'll thank me.  This is so easy to make.  LOVE IT!

Raspberry Rhubarb Pie Filling

For 9-inch pie:

2 c. raw rhubarb, chopped (fresh or frozen)

2 c. raspberries (fresh or frozen)

1½ c. sugar (use less if using presweetened berries)

1/3 to ½ c. flour (if using frozen raspberries which have more liquid, use more flour)
or you can use 1/4 c. Minute Tapioca. 

¼ t. cinnamon

Directions: Mix the above ingredients well.  (If the fruit was frozen, place mixture in the microwave for a few minutes to warm.)  Place mixture in unbaked pie shell.  Dot with butter.  Bake at 425° for 45 minutes.

1 comments:

Don and Kelsi Fryberger said...

I just got some rhubarb from our neighbor today...I'll have to try this out!

Post a Comment