Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Capellini Caprese

I try and make a vegetarian meal at least once a week.  Sadly, it's not for any good intentions, like healthy eating, it's mostly because it is less expensive and usually faster to cook vegetarian meals.  This one caught my eye because I am always looking for ways to use the tomatoes that abound in my garden in the summer and fall.  I think next time though I might roast the tomatoes a little, since I don't like raw tomatoes so much.  I like the flavor of the Tuscan dressing (I add a little more than the recipe calls for).  I made a dish this summer that was less than successful but the chicken that was cooked in the same dressing was delicious.  I might even add a little chicken next time and give up on the vegetarian meal idea altogether.  This might also be very yummy with some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.  It takes just a few minutes to put together and is quite satisfying.  By the way I have no idea what the name means. 
Capellini Caprese recipe
Capellini Caprese
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
½ lb. Capellini or spaghetti, uncooked (I used thin spaghetti noodles)
½ c. Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c. halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 c. fresh basil, finely sliced
Directions: Cook pasta as directed on package.  Meanwhile, heat dressing in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add onions and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Add tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.  Drain pasta and add to tomato mixture; toss lightly.  Sprinkle with cheese and basil.


This recipe was found in Kraft Foods Magazine and the photo is from kraftrecipes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment