Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Cookies

Against my better judgment I got onto Pinterest for the first time last week.  I was looking for ornaments to make as I was feeling rather uninspired by what I found in my usual go-to sites.  While searching for ornaments I found a picture of these very adorable cookies.  I was scheduled to go to a Christmas party later that week and I was to bring a dessert.  Happily, these are super-duper easy and the kiddos can help, just make sure that they wash their hands.  Mine had to wash their hands a bunch of times because they kept licking their fingers.  But we had a blast making them and we will probably make them again before the season is over.  The originals called for red-hots for the noses, when we make them again we will be using more kid-friendly red M&M's.  Who likes red-hots really anyway? 

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Cookies
Yield: approximately 24 cookies (I can't remember really, but it used almost a whole package of Nutter Butters)
Prep Time: 15 minutes if you do it by yourself, 30 minutes if you've got kids helping

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Peanut shaped Nutter Butters
1 bag of light cocoa melting chocolate (found in the cake decorating section) or if you like almond bark
small twisted pretzels
red M&M's or red-hots
mini-chocolate chips
Directions: Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to the directions on the package.  Dip the cookies and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Working quickly place the pretzel on for the antlers, mini-chocolate chips for eyes, M&M's for noses.  Let dry and eat. 

This photo came from momtaughtus.blogspot.com  There are several variations of these but I thought these were the cutest and the easiest.  Gotta love that when that combo comes together.
Tip: To keep your chocolate melted, cover a heating pad with wax paper and turn on low, put your bowl of chocolate on the wax paper.  If you need it a little warmer turn it up one more level. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment