Monday, December 5, 2011

Cream Cheese Dip for Fresh Fruit

Christmas breakfast at my house growing up consisted of warm cinnamon rolls, orange juice, and fresh fruit served with a whipped dip.  This is a tradition that we continue in my house now, although we've added a breakfast casserole of some kind to help tame the sugar rush and to keep my husband full until the late afternoon meal.  This dip makes every fruit taste better and to top it off it's super easy.  Two ingredients and a hand mixer are all you need.  I've included another recipe that I found last year when to my dismay on Christmas morning I realized that I had forgotten to buy Marshmallow Cream.  It's a good substitute for when you're in a pinch.   I hope you love them as much as I do.

Cream Cheese Dip
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
About ½ a small jar of marshmallow cream, or to taste
Directions: Whip together and serve with fresh fruit.


Cream Cheese Dip Backup
Ingredients:
8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
¼ c. pineapple juice
¼ c. light corn syrup
¼ c. honey
4-5 t. sugar
Directions: Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
 (This recipe was originally found on cooks.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment