Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hot Tang Spiced Drink

Are you tired and worn out?  Getting a cold?  Just cold?  This drink will warm you right up.  There are times when I don't want hot chocolate (shocking, I know) as it's just too rich when you're sick.  I know Tang isn't the best thing for you either, but it makes a good base for this comforting mug of winter warmth.  I had a chronic sore throat last year and I drank this every morning for breakfast.  I would drop a little honey in it to help sooth my throat and....aaaahhhh.   I hope you like it too.  I got this particular recipe from my mother-in-law.  Feel free to play with the amounts of spices to suit your taste.  Stay warm!
 
Hot Tang Spiced Drink
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 cups of mix, 2-3 t. for 8 oz. Of water
 
Ingredients:
2 c. Tang
1¼ c. sugar
½ t. cinnamon
¼ t. cloves
Dash of salt
Directions: Mix all together and store in an airtight container.  Mix 2-3 t. of mix with 8 oz. Of hot water, or to taste. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment