Thursday, December 29, 2011

Red Hot Apple Jell-O

Once upon a time my mother and I used to attend microwave classes every Tuesday.  The microwave store provided free cooking classes with the purchase of a microwave.  How awesome is that?  It was a fun time for my mom and I.  And we got to eat yummy food.  This is a recipe that we got from those classes.   I had kind of forgotten about this recipe until a couple of weeks ago when I had some at a church dinner.  I forgot how lovely the flavors blend together.  Apples, red-hots, and cherry Jell-O = delicious.  It sounds really odd, but I can (almost) guarantee that you'll love this.  It's unexpected and looks beautiful.  The recipe doesn't call for whipped cream on top, but you really can't go wrong with whipped cream and Jell-O. This might be fun for New Years or a Super Bowl party. Or any old weeknight dinner for that matter.  It cooks in the microwave so it's super quick to make, just don't forget the refrigeration time!  Let me know if you like it!!!

Red Hot Apple Jell-O
You may want to double this recipe - I would
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes

Ingredients:
2/3 c. red cinnamon candies (red hots)
1 1/2 c. water
3-4 apples, medium, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
3 oz. package of cherry Jell-O
Directions: In a 1 qt. microwave-safe container combine everything except the Jell-O.  Microwave 8-10 minutes on high or until apples are tender.  Add Jell-O, and stir until dissolved.  Refrigerate until firm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment