Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Breadsticks

I guess technically this is not a new recipe.  I have been using it for years and it's one of my favorites.  Sometimes we just have these for dinner with pizza sauce and some green beans and a bottle of peaches, my kids' favorite meal hands down.  Obviously they are also great as a side dish.  Pair them with soups or pasta and enjoy.  Let me know if you like them.

Breadsticks
Prep Time: 10 minutes + rising time of about 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 20 breadsticks
Family Friendliness: Like I said, my kids love these.

Ingredients:
1 T. yeast
1½ c. warm water
2 T. sugar
½ t. salt
3 c. or more of flour
melted butter
garlic powder/onion salt (opt.)
Parmesan cheese or grated cheese
oregano
Directions: Combine yeast, water and sugar.  Add salt and flour and let rest 15 minutes.  Roll dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle.  Using a pizza cutter cut in half horizontally and then cut in strips vertically.  Take two strips and seal two ends together and twist the strips together sealing at the opposite end.  Melt about ¼ c. butter and pour on a cookie sheet.  Roll the breadsticks in the butter and place on the cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with herbs and cheese.  Let rise for 15 minutes.  Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.    

1 comments:

Karyli said...

I loved these. I'm going to have to try them myself. Wish me luck.

Post a Comment