Monday, October 17, 2011

Mexican Grilled Chicken Wraps

I discovered these tasty morsels this spring.  I found the recipe at Kraftfoods.com and fell in love with them.  They are easy to prepare ahead of time and then grill when ready to eat.  They are easy to double and you can reheat them on a griddle and they are just as good the second time around.  I am investigating whether or not they freeze well.  I’ll let you know the verdict.  I like to serve them with a fruit salad. 

Mexican Grilled Chicken Wraps
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes (longer if you need to cook your chicken)
Cook Time: 8-9 minutes
Family Friendliness: Most of my kids like these, my oldest girl downs them. 
Yield:  6-8 wraps

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1½ c. coleslaw blend
1 t. chili powder
1 T. lime juice
¼ c. ranch dressing
½ c. Mexican blend shredded cheese (or cheddar is fine)
½ c. chopped tomatoes
6-8 soft taco size flour tortillas
Directions: Heat grill (or griddle or frying pan) to medium heat.  Combine first 7 ingredients.  Spoon chicken mixture down centers of tortillas.  Fold sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.  Secure with toothpicks, if desired.  Grill, seam-sides down, 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds good I think I am really going to enjoy this blog of yours, I love trying new recipes too.

Post a Comment