Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix

It’s raining here and starting to get a bit chilly.  It makes me want to curl up on my cozy couch, grab a warm blanket, a book and a cup of hot cocoa.  That sounds like bliss to me.  I honestly can’t remember where I got this recipe but I like it.  I usually just make a cup at a time, but when we want more, I’ll just make a batch in my Cocoa-Latte.  In case you don’t know a Cocoa-Latte is a little mixer that blends up your hot chocolate and heats it at the same time and then keeps it hot.  I love how frothy and hot it gets my cocoa.  I am thinking it might be time to upgrade to the larger size since my family will drink more than 4 cups of cocoa anymore.  And no, this is not a commercial I just really like my Cocoa-Latte.  As far as the recipe goes, if you don’t like the cinnamon, just leave it out.  I’ve also changed it up by changing the flavor of the creamer.  Also I wait to put my marshmallows in until I serve it, the Cocoa-Latte melts them.  Let me know if you like it!


Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Mix
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: Depends on how hot you like it!
Family Friendliness: 2 thumbs up!

Ingredients:
1¾ c. instant non-fat dry milk powder
1 c. powdered sugar
½ c. non-dairy creamer
½ c. baking cocoa
½ t. cinnamon
1 c. miniature marshmallows
Directions: Mix together and store in an airtight container.  To prepare one serving mix 3 T .mix with ¾ c. hot milk or water.

2 comments:

Don and Kelsi Fryberger said...

I want to make this today, it just sounds so yummy!! And the weather is perfect for it! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Anything cinnamon is so good. Will definitely have to try this

Post a Comment