Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Chippers

Chocolate chip cookies are my go-to comfort food.  A warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven seems to solve every problem, at least for a little while.  I found this recipe earlier (in Taste of Home) this year and I love it.  First, they are so delicious.  Second, they don’t make a ton so you don’t spend all day baking and eating cookies.  Third, the peanut butter makes them more than just a chocolate chip cookie.  YUM!  Let me know if you like them!

Peanut Butter Chippers    
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11-14 minutes for each batch
Family Friendliness: I don’t know any child alive that doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie.
Yield: The original recipe says 3½ dozen, but I must make my cookies bigger because I only get 2 dozen.  Or maybe I eat too much of the dough.  I know Mom, I shouldn’t, but I do.

Ingredients
6 T. butter, softened
¼ c. peanut butter
½ c. sugar
½ c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1¼ c. all-purpose flour (I add about ½ c. more because otherwise they are flatter than I like my cookies)
½ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
1 c. milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet depending on what my mood is, or sometimes I mix them)
Directions: In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars.  Add egg; mix well.  Beat in vanilla.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake 350˚ for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove to wire racks.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment