Friday, October 14, 2011

Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting

Got any more zucchini lying around?  I got this recipe from a lady at church, I wish I could remember which one, but I can’t.  I think these cupcakes are so scrumptious.  Anything with caramel is a winner in my book.  That’s all I have to say. 

Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
½ c. orange juice
3 eggs
1 and 1/3 c. sugar 
½ c. vegetable oil
1 t. almond extract
2½ c. flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
½ t. ground cloves
1½ c. shredded zucchini

FROSTING:
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. butter
¼ c. milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1½ - 2 c. powdered sugar
Directions: In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract.  Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and mix well, add the zucchini.  Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 350˚ for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes test done.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.  For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.  Cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.  Beat in powdered sugar.  Frost.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment